Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Quick Tip Tuesday: Morning Smoothies

I have no qualms admitting I am a morning person. I'm sorry. However, I don't wake up at 5:30 singing "It's a beautiful morning" (But wouldn't that be nice?) I also have a problem because I don't usually leave tons of time to make breakfast before I run out the door, and I want something that will hold me over until lunch. This is where my love of smoothies come in. It's perfect for just about any occasion and so tasty! It's just enough in the morning when paired with a granola bar to get me through to lunch and somewhat exciting to make. My husband and I recently did the Advocare 24 day Challenge (awesome experience) and a smoothie was part of the morning routine in both cleansing your system and keeping yourself full. It's a great source of protein and fiber (depending on what you add) and limits the "bad sugars" that you can get when adding sugar or sweeteners and flavored creams to coffee or other drinks (I still LOVE my Dunkin Donuts Ice Coffee every once in a while!) Here's my go to:

1 Tbsp. Flax seed meal or Chia Seed
1 Tbsp.  Oats
1 scoop vanilla protein 
1 c. frozen berries (whatever tickles your fancy, I like a mix of rasberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
1 c. almond milk 
1 banana
1 handful of spinach leaves or kale





OR if you're feeling chocolate-y:

1 frozen banana (you need to peel it before putting it in the freezer)
1 Tbsp. peanut butter (organic or regular)
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 Tbsp. oats and/or chia seeds
1 c. almond milk 











** I like using frozen fruits because then I don't have to use ice (I don't have an ice maker) and it keeps things nice and cool and thickens it up. Until next time, keep it real.


No comments:

Post a Comment